Wednesday 30 May 2012

Tutti Frutti Wrapping Paper

Thought I would just share with you some of the images of the wrapping paper the children from my Make and Do group at a primary school made.  I knew that they had been doing a healthy eating topic at school, so it was only natural to tie this in and create some Tutti Frutti wrapping paper.

In the first session we look at various fruits that had been cut in half, and the shapes we could see within them.  They then made some simple line drawings of them and chose one to transfer onto their polystyrene sheet (the smooth side of polystyrene pizza bases are perfect for this).

In the second session, we looked at how they would place their image on their sheets.  Some opted for a random pattern whilst others did a repeat.  This is what they created.






I've had a great time, and I'm back for the next bit of the term to do some more work with them.  I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: