Monday 20 June 2011

Seriously funky fabric!!

I love fabric from the 1960's and 1970's.  I love the boldness of the colour, the big prints, and the cross over from a piece of art work to a piece of fabric.  Functional art.  Fantastic.  Although I do like some abstract pieces, I do tend to have an inner hippy hidden within, as it is the bright and funky florals that I tend to make a bee-line for.

  This is a piece of vintage cotton I have had in my stash for some time... waiting!  I took a few photos and couldn't decide which ones to post as there is so much going on.





Yesterday I had the opportunity to do something with it.  For two whole hours I had the house completely to myself.  I used the time to make a halter neck pinny with most of the fabric.  Even though I say so myself, it is pretty fabulous.  It just needs a couple of finishing touches, a photo shoot, and then it's up for sale.  A truly vintage pinny 1960's/70's fabric (I can't put a date on it) in a style influenced by the 1950's!  I just thought I'd tempt you with the fabric first!!! 

1 comment:

seventyseventyone said...

I LOVE that print. Jealous. ;)