This lasagne uses the tomato sauce I posted here. I think that this has to be the tastiest vegetarian lasagne ever. The roasted squash has a fabulous sweet caramelised flavour and the hint of chilli in the tomato sauce just gives it a little extra kick.
Ingredients - serves 6 - 8
2 portions of tomato sauce made with chilli
2kg butternut squash
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1kg spinach, washed
1pt bechamel sauce
8 sheets lasagne
1 25g ball mozzarella, drained and torn into small pieces
2 handfuls of grated parmesan
1. Set the oven to 190°C/Gas mark 5.
2. Prep the butternut squash by cutting into quarters, deseeding and peeling. Now cut into 2cm cubes, toss in oil and place in the oven for 25 mins or until browned around the edges. Once done, take out of the oven and put to one side.
3. Whilst the squash is roasting, make your tomato sauce and leave to simmer.
4. Now put your washed spinach into a large pan and allow to wilt, remove from the heat and drain. Put to one side.
5. Make your bechamel sauce.
6. Layer up your lasagne. First put a little bechamel sauce in the bottom of your lasagne dish, add a layer of lasagne, half your tomato sauce, half of your squash, half of your spinach and some bechamel. Add another layer of of lasagne and repeat process. Finish with a layer of bechamel. Sprinkle your mozzerella, and your parmesan over the top and pop into the oven for 40-45 minutes until golden. Check the lasagne is cooked through by putting a sharp knife into the centre. If not, cover with tin foil, and bake for another 5 or 10 minutes.
Yum yum. Just serve with a tasty green salad and some crusty bread for a fabulous meal.
you can find more delicious recipes here.