Tuesday 29 March 2011

I should be clearing out...but...

... I just wanted to share some of these with you.

I have been clearing out a load of old paperwork and it reminded me to have a look at some of the photos I had taken of the art work a group of children had done with me last week.

Last week I was in a primary school in Wigan doing some work, for Drumcroon Gallery, with a group of children.  We were creating a piece of work to go in the entrance hall with the theme community.  It was a church school, and the church plays an important part of their community, so some of the children did church related pictures, but I wanted them to focus mainly on the people within it so asked the majority of them to do portraits, and it is these that I like the most.  The work was done in paper (recycled magazines) and I'd asked them to use the paper as if it were tiles, like mosaics.  Here are a few examples of what they came up with.






 

I think that they have done a pretty good job, they will look great when they are put together (they are being pieced together to make a patchwork) and I had a lovely time working with them.



No comments: