Wednesday 16 March 2011

Mess, mess, mess and a scrummy tea.


Just too busy at the moment!!!!  Every spare moment is spent doing some sewing related activity.  This is under my sewing machine.  I know, I know... mess!!!  I really must do something about it (and the huge pile of ironing waiting by the ironing board!).  And I wonder why the Fairy thinks her room is tidy when there is still stuff over the floor!!!  Ho hum.

I did however manage to throw this together for tea tonight.  I was inspired earlier in the week by Florence from Flossie Teacakes who had made a crustless quiche, and I simply had to have one!  This is one that I make quite a bit.


You can basically throw in it what ever cooked veg (or a bit of cooked bacon!) you fancy.  It is a great way to use up left over vegs from your Sunday roast (if you have one), but this is what we had in ours tonight.

medium sized head of broccoli, broken into bite size pieces
180g bag baby spinach, washed
1 red onion, chopped
7 or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 free-range eggs, whisked lightly
250g cottage cheese
3 handfuls of grated mature cheddar

1. Steam your broccoli until tender.
2. Fry your onion until transparent and put to one side in a large mixing bowl.
3. In the pan you fried the onion in, place your spinach in the pan and allow to wilt, turning occasionally, squeeze out excess water and place with your onions.
4.  Add the broccoli, cottage cheese, 2 handfuls of cheese and your eggs.
5.  Put in a 2 litre oven proof dish, throw the tomatoes on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6.  Bake in the oven at 160/gas 4 for about 45mins or until golden and firm.
7.  Serve with some lovely bread.

Enjoy.

You can find more delicious recipes here.





No comments: