Please be very careful when making treacle toffee, the sugar gets very very hot, and can cause horrible burns!
115g (4oz) butter
230g (8oz) granulated sugar
1. Grease and line a swiss roll tin, and then grease the lining paper.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan, then add the remaining ingredients.
3. Stir over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
4. Bring to the boil and boil for 10 minutes, taking care not to let it burn.
5. Ball test in cold water ( pour a little into a bowl of cold water, if it starts to set and is chewy when you take it out it is ready), when ready pour into your tin, leave to cool and mark out pieces with a greased knife before allowing to set completely.