Wednesday 1 December 2010

It's cold outside!!!


Hooray, we have snow... not quite as much as other parts of the country, in fact nowhere near as much, but it is still snow!!!  I must venture out into the cold to refill the birds 'restaurant' (aptly named by the Fairy).

I am very pleased that my hubby and I spent the past few weeks taking out our gas fire, re-fashioning the fireplace, mixing concrete and laying lovely slate tiles for our new multi-fuel burner so that we could have it fitted at the end of last week.  So, even though it is a little on the chilly side, we are toasty warm inside!!!  We still have work to do, but that can wait until the festive season, when all my present making has ceased and I have time to work again!


Earlier in the week the Fairy and I set about making some birds to hang as Christmas decorations...


... I made her a template and drew round it on some lovely vintage style paper so that she could cut them out.  She then made concertina wings.  I will put thread in the top of them so they can be hung up in our living room.  Really simple, but very pretty and she really enjoyed making them. 

No comments: