Saturday 24 July 2010

I've nearly packed..... and I have a new hat!!!


The past few days have been bothersome for me!!!  Not only have I been thinking about what I should squeeze into our bags to take on holiday, catch up on washing, ironing and (erm?!) housework, but I haven't been able to get hats out of my head.  They appear to have taken over!!  The reason for this was I wanted to make my daughter a new hat to take away, however, my first attempt was absolutely dreadful and left me (and my other half) in stitches!!!  "That's it", I said.  Hmmm, could I leave it, oh no, I just couldn't concentrate as it kept appearing at the periphery of everything!!!  This afternoon I picked up pencil and baking paper.  Had a look at a few patterns and set to work.  My first was made from green cotton, and seemed to be going okay so I thought I'd use it as the lining of a hat for me.  It could do with a little tweaking and a careful press, but I like it!!  Lovely fabric by Amy Butler.



My daughter chose this fabric, a fabulous choice, again Amy Butler, but unfortunately I only had a tiny bit ....


... so she went for this ...


... and this.



I'm sure that much time will be spent choosing, and re-choosing, which way to wear the hat whilst we are away.  Maybe she'll let me borrow it!

Regarding our holiday... my plan was not to take any sewing.  However, I think I will sneak in a bit of felt and some embroidery thread and make a few of these...


... just incase I start getting withdrawal symptoms. 

Hope that the weather is kind to you all.  
Back in a few weeks x

3 comments:

Marie said...

Have a lovely holiday, I'm off for a week on saturday too! Love your hats x

Elissa - said...

Hope you have a fab time! I snook a few bits of fabric into my packing to. However, spent most of time in the hot tub and they would have got soggy! Elissa :-)x

kim said...

wow.......fantastic hats, lets hope you get plenty of sunshine on holiday to show them off.
florrie x