Friday 16 July 2010

Hey lady... where did you get your frock?!!!

I haven't had much time for crafting this week.  I had a busy weekend selling my wares last weekend (which went well), and this week it has been my daughters birthday.  Today I got into cake crafting mode and conjured up Cinderella for THE princess party tomorrow.

This is what she looked like before I started...  I wasn't a happy chicken, and less so when my husband walked through and laughed... it was at this point I reached for the bottle and stuck it in the fridge to cool  ready for a nice glass of wine when I had finished!!!


As you can see I used a pudding basin, but the lining got all crumpled.  If anyone decides to make one make sure it is lovely and smooth.  Not that it actually mattered, as once covered in glorious pink butter icing (butter MUST be used!!!) and pretty sprinkly (is sprinkly not a word?!) bits, I was onto a winner.  Even my hubby on his return visit to the kitchen said I was clever!!!  her hair will be let loose tomorrow when it has set a little.



Oh, and by the way, I know the doll is dreadful but it was the right height (or so I thought when I bought it), the right price and my daughter still thinks they are called Barbie-Rats.  What a perfect name for them!!!

If you are planning to make one of these and want advice, please feel free to contact me.

NB If you haven't done so already, get your name down for one of my pretty bags!!!

1 comment:

Rae Weber said...

Hahaha, Barbie Rats! I love it! I hate those dolls too. But your cake looks lovely! My mother used to make me barbie cakes when I was young, just like this. sometimes she would take the legs off if the it was too tall. She alone knew how to put the back on again :)
Anyway, nice blog!