Sunday 22 January 2012

Flower Power

At the beginning of the week I picked up this piece of gorgeous vintage fabric from one of my piles of fabric (I really must get it organized!)... 


... actually they were remnants as I had used it to make this fabulous pinny last year.

 
My intention was to make some simple wash bags out of the remaining fabric, but then this happened!  
I haven't done much free style machine embroidery and this was a very long time ago, but it is something that I love and would like to experience more.   


I was quite pleased with the outcome, and this little flower did actually end up being made into a wash bag, just not in the way I had originally intended.
This is now available to buy in my Etsy Shop
Once I'd done one flower, I had to do another!  This time bigger as I'd decided it would make a lovely cushion...
... with some hand embroidery.  A fabulous excuse to sit and create French knots!


And then came another cushion!
The perfect pair!!!


These are also available to buy in my shop, alongside other new products for 2012.

I feel a bit reluctant to part with them, but they wouldn't go with the fabric I have bought to make my curtains.  I'll just have to make more for myself in different colours!

Also, a reminder that this little Foxy Loxy journal will be given a new home on 27th January.  If you would like him to come and live with you please click on this link to find out how.


Hope you all have a fantastic week x




No comments: