This, alongside Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagne, is one of my favourite meals at the moment. It doesn't look like much, but it is heaven on a plate, is oh so simple... and very very healthy!
Chicken, potato & feta - serves 4
1 large onion roughly chopped
750g new potatoes
4 Chicken breasts – free range! – cut into pieces
200g cherry tomatoes
Chopped thyme or oregano, fresh or dried
150ml white wine
150ml vege stock
100g crumbled feta
1. Preheat oven to 220°/. Slice small new potatoes in half, bigger ones into quarters, and par-boil for 10mins.
2. Place onion & sliced potato in shallow roasting tin, drizzle with a little oil, season and toss to coat. Roast for 10 mins.
3. Put a little oil into a frying pan and fry the chicken to brown on both sides.
4. Chop the tomatoes in half and scatter over the potatoes with the herbs. Return to the oven for 5 mins.
5. Take the potatoes out of the oven, lay the chicken on top and pour over the white wine & stock. Roast for a further 15 mins or until chicken is cooked & vegetables tender.
4) Serve scattered with feta, a green salad, and lots of quality bread to mop up the fabulous juices out of the roasting dish.
|Underneath this loveliness are the most delicious juices, |
so plate up at the table and let people tuck in!
At this point I must thanks my little sister for making this for me and sharing her recipe! Now it's your turn to experience, pop on your pinny and get making!
Really want to look the part? How about one of these pinnys? These, and others, are available to buy in my shop.
You can find a collection of lovely recipes here.