Wednesday 1 September 2010

Learning the hard way!

I am feeling sad.  Last week my computer gave up on me, which is why I have been out of touch.  Today I have learnt that my hard drive has had it and that none of my files can be retrieved.  All my photos, all my work... gone!!!  Yes, I have my sketch books which is something, but the amount of time spent fiddling with them on my computer before using them is gone. I can't believe that I didn't have any of it backed up (stupid!), it was simply something I hadn't got around to doing (stupid, stupid, stupid!!!), but is something I won't leave for another day ever again.

For those of you, like me, that don't have your work or photos backed up you need to do it as soon as possible.  It really is very sad when you loose them.

I will be asking for my old hard drive back once it has been replaced to see if anyone else can do anything, but to be honest I don't have high hopes.  Maybe it will kick me into a new creative phase, I certainly hope that some good will come from it.

Time to go and focus on something positive and get making.  Hopefully I will be back with you very soon.

Oh, for those of you wondering I managed to track down the winner of my July giveaway and she should be receiving her lovely bag before weekend.  She chose the lovely yellow spot one that I used on my last post.

Enjoy the rest of your week. x

No comments: