Oh hello! I have been thinking about my blog a bit recently and didn't know how to start out again after having neglected it for so long! I decided that I would just come back as if I'd never been anyway. I have lots to show you, but first, food!
I promised that I would let my lovely followers on facebook have my potato cake recipe, so here goes.
Potato Cakes - makes about 16
6oz plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 small bowl of mashed potato (about 2 cups)
flour for dusting
1. mix together your flour, salt & baking powder.
2. Add butter and rub together until it looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Add your potato and using your hands combine the two, adding drops of milk as you go along until you have a workable dough.
4. Wash your hands to get rid of all the stickyness and flour the work surface and your hands/rolling pin.
5. Make your potato cakes you can cut into small pieces and make individual ones. I make a 'rectangle' about 1/2" thick using a rollin pin, and then cut in half lenthways before cutting into eighths. I then cut each of these 'squares' into triangles.
6. Place on greased baking tray and cook in the over at 180° for about 10/15mins until golden brown.
Eat warm with butter (and whatever else you fancy!) :-)
Happy baking my lovelies. I hope to be back soon to show you lots of the lovely work I have been busy creating. Have fun x