Thursday 5 July 2012

'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face'

This has to be one of my all time favourite songs.  I love the original version sung by Roberta Flack, but the Stereophonics version is fantabulous!

So here it is in paper cut!





When my mum saw the art work before I started cutting it she informed me that my head was wrong, that I wasn't wired up right.  This is because everything is done as a negative on the reverse, so each word is written backwards!  It is surprising how adaptable brains are, however I do sit by a mirror, just so I can check I am getting it right as I go along.

Everything has been painstakingly cut by hand using a scalpel.  Can you imagine the hours?  I daren't add them up!!!

This paper cut is for sale.  You can find out more about it here.

Must go and get some sewing done.  I have orders to fulfill!
Have a lovely day x


No comments: